Riddle us this: How is product packaging like fashion?
The answer is simple. Both have trends that come and go out of style, making it necessary to stay on top of them to stay relevant. As you look towards 2024, consider whether your designs are fresh and fun or so last year; the shape, material, and design will all play a massive role in the success of your packaging. We’re setting the scene for the year ahead by forecasting some of the packaging trends to keep an eye on in 2024.
- Sustainable Habits: An increasingly important part of any business practice, being eco-friendly continues to dominate the packaging landscape. Brands opt for recyclable materials, eco-friendly inks, and waste-conscious practices, which Mankato Packaging knows a thing or two about!
- Interactive Integrations: Smart packaging is gaining traction. For instance, adding QR codes to your design offers customers the opportunity to access more detailed information and services. Remember, the customer experience is everything!
- Pack On the Patterns: Repeat images are a great way to mix up your design and customize your packaging. In keeping with sustainability, they’re able to provide a feeling of depth and texture in a minimalistic way.
- Create Customization: Standing out means thinking outside the box. We anticipate more creative and personalized options to ensure a memorable unboxing experience. Think about your package from the consumer’s point of view.
- Bold Contrast: There is something elegant and chic about bold, high-contrast visuals; we expect businesses to lean into this in the new year. A stark contrast can make an eye-catching statement that communicates energy and intrigue.
- Rustic and Earthy: Organic charm is finding its way into the packaging world. Regardless of whether a product is mass-produced, a certain level of trust is associated with designs that feel natural, healthy, and local.
- Lean on Labels: One final trend to account for is transparent and detailed labeling. Now more than ever, customers want to know where products come from and how they are made. Social responsibility will continue to gain importance as time passes, so consider how you showcase relevant information.
2024 marks another step in the transformative phase of the packaging industry. While trends can come and go, sustainable, smart, and customized packaging will take center stage in contributing to a more eco-friendly, innovative future. Mankato Packaging is passionate about helping our partners remain competitive in an ever-evolving landscape. Contact us for a complimentary sample today!