The last two years have been anything but predictable. If this has taught us anything, it’s to expect the unexpected, Now, it’s more important than ever to plan early, especially as we head into the final months of 2021. With that in mind, here are a few things to consider as you start looking ahead to the new year:
1. Design. Are you considering a refresh or rebrand for the new year? If so, ensure your packaging aligns with your new look. Consider an updated, custom package to help your product stand out on the shelf.
2. Budget. As you look forward to the upcoming year, consider how much of your budget you’ll need to allocate to packaging needs. Speak with your packaging company well ahead of time so you can understand and plan for all associated costs.
3. Quantity. What are your projections for 2022? You’ll want to order enough packaging to alleviate the chance of running out ahead of schedule. This will also help you determine if the company you’re ordering your packaging through is able to best meet your needs as you grow.
4. Timing. Give yourself enough time to get through the design and ordering process with your packaging company. With longer lead times and supply chain issues across the globe, it’s critical that you do this well ahead of the time you need your packaging delivered.
5. Sustainability. Choose a packaging partner whose packaging aligns with your sustainability goals. Our paperboard packaging is 100% recyclable, uses environmentally friendly inks, and water-based protective coatings.
6. Experience. Find a company that will be with you every step of the process to ensure you receive your packaging on time, in budget, and of the utmost quality.
By keeping these items top of mind, you will be able to comfortably head into 2022 having checked one item off your task list. At Mankato Packaging, we pride ourselves on treating our clients and our team like family. Ready to make a move on your 2022 packaging? Trust you’re in good hands by getting in touch with our sales team and determine if we are the right fit for your product packaging needs.